Bramhall, Cornelius, Headstone, at the Eastern Cemetery in Portland, Maine
In Memory of Mr
Notes: The Eastern Cemetery is an historic cemetery at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Congress Street in the East Bayside neighborhood of Portland, Maine. Located at the base of Munjoy Hill, the Eastern Cemetery is the oldest major cemetery in Portland. Established in 1668, it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Mary Green's head and foot stone mark the oldest known burial of May 23, 1717. The cemetery was active until the 1860s. It totals approximately 5.3 acres (21,000 m2) in size. The present iron and granite fence along Congress Street was erected in 1916. The granite receiving tomb to the right of the entrance was built in 1849.
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 10.1.1, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2017.