1891 - 1970 (79 years)
||Maud McFadden [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||9 Nov 1891
||Brockville, Leeds and Grenville, Ontario, Canada [1, 4, 5]
||26 Dec 1970
||Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio [3, 6]
||Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan
- At the time of the 1930 and 1940 census Maud's widowed mother, Sarah McFadden born ca 1859 in CanadaEnglish, was living in the home of Maud and Glenn Benkelman.
Fately injured in a car-train crash, along with her husband.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Glen Frederick Benkelman, b. 20 Jan 1891, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan , d. 26 Dec 1970, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Age 79 years) |
||18 Jun 1921
||Evanston, Cook County, Illinois [1, 2]
- Cass City Chronicle
Vol 7, Number 10
July 22, 1921
Married at Evanston
Miss Maude McFadden Is Bride of Glen F. Benkelman
On June 18 the marriage of Miss Maude McFadden and Glen F. Benkelman was solemnized at Evanston, Illinois in the presence of a few friends.
The bride's home has always been Evanston, where she attended Northwestern University. She also attended the University of Toronto, Canada.
Mr. Benkelman, who had many friends and acquantinces in Cass City, attended the Cass City schools, later obtaining training in electrical engineering at Purdue University and the Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Co., Pittsburgh, Pa. He is located in Chicago with Becker Bros., electrical engineers.
Mr. and Mrs. Benkelman will have their home at 529 Kedzie Street, Evanston, Illinois. After taking a lake trip of a few days, the arrived at the home of John A. Benkelman on July 5, and having spent a pleasant two weeks vacation, left for Chicago, Monday, July 18.
(Transcribed by Melinda McLemore Strong, Spring 2007)
| ||1. William "Bill" Glen Benkelman, b. 24 Nov 1923, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio , d. 28 Oct 1999, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Age 75 years)|
| ||2. Ruth Benkelman, b. 21 Mar 1926, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio , d. Dec 1986, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Age 60 years)|
||12 Sep 2008 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
|Born - 9 Nov 1891 - Brockville, Leeds and Grenville, Ontario, Canada
|Married - 18 Jun 1921 - Evanston, Cook County, Illinois
|Died - 26 Dec 1970 - Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
|Buried - - Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan
||Benkelman, John Adam ca 1946|
John Adam Benkleman with his children and their spouses. Granddaughter Scottie Pritchard identifies those in the photo as follows: "My grandfather John Adam Benkelman front and center with is children and their spouses and I think 2 grandchildren. My parents, Benk and Olive, are on the left. Back row Alvin, Glen, maybe Bill, John's wife, John, maybe Marie's husband and Dorus. Front row Olive, Maude, John Adam, Marie and maybe Ruth her daughter?"
PLEASE HELP US POSTIVELY IDENTIFY EVERYONE IN THIS PHOTO.
|At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.|
- [S337] Benkelman, Hilda Jane Stickley THE MEMOIRS OF JOHN A. BENKELMAN (Privately Published, 1966).
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, July 22, 1921 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1414] Ancestry.com - Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, & 1958-2007.
- [S564] 1930 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com. database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. Containing records for approximately 123 million Americans, the 1930 United States Federal Census is the largest census released to date and is the most recent census available for public access. The census gives us a glimpse into the lives of Americans in 1930, and contains information about a household’s family members and occupants including: birthplaces, occupations, immigration, citizenship, and military service. The names of those listed in the census are linked to actual images of the 1930 Census.), Ohio, Cuyahoga County, Cleveland City Enumerated April 14, 1930 ED 18-276 SD 6 Sheet 23A Stamed 233 3813-19-29 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1414] Ancestry.com - Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, & 1958-2007, ca 1893 (Reliability: 3).
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982.