1868 - 1939 (71 years)
||Charles W. Elliott [1, 2] |
||1 Apr 1868
||Fostoria, Seneca County, Ohio [1, 2]
||8 Jul 1939
||Grand Ledge, Eaton County, Michigan 
||Lakeside Cemetery, Odessa Township, Ionia County, Michigan
- LaVonne Bennett located the following death record for Charles Elliott in Ionia County Death Records: Liber C, page 658, d 7-8-1939, age 71 yrs, 3 mo, 7 days, single marital status, informant Mrs. W. B. Smith of Grand Ledge. He died at 5017 Taylor Street, Grd Ledge, where he'd lived 25 years. He was born 4-1-1868 in Fostoria, OH, to A. E. and Sarah (Cramer) Elliott, both born in OH. He died of general arterio sclerosis, burial in Lake Odessa.
GRAND LEDGE INDEPENDENT, MI, Thurs., July 13, 1939. DEATH NOTICES - Charles W. Elliott, aged 71 years, passed away Saturday afternoon at the home of Mr. and Mrs. W. B. Smith, 501 Taylor Street. He was the son of A.E. and Sarah Elliott and was born April 1, 1868, at Fostoria, Ohio. He came with his parents to Grand Ledge from Lake Odessa in 1904. Surviving are four sisters, Mrs. W. B. Smith with whom he lived, Mrs. John Herbert of Lake Odessa, and Mrs. Bert Hodges of Ionia. The body was taken to the Teman Funeral Home where private funeral services were held Monday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock, Rev. A. R. Gold, officiating. Interment in Lakeside Cemetery, Lake Odessa." (Courtesy of LaVonne Bennett)
The following Charles Elliott family lived in Ionia County at the time of the 1910 and 1920 census. The Charles Elliott listed on the census below IS NOT the son of Augustus Elliott and Sarah Cramer. That Charles Elliott was still living with his parents in Eaton County, Michigan at the time. They are close in age, but are not the same individuals.
1910 Federal Census Michigan Ionia County 319-182-206 Elliott, Charles B Hd 37 Mich ?? ??? Elliott, Nellis Wife ?7 Mich NY US Elliott, Floyd Son 1 1/2 Mich Mich Mich
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Augustus E. Elliott, b. 18 Apr 1838, Washington, Rappahannock County, Virginia , d. 2 Nov 1921, Grand Ledge, Eaton County, Michigan (Age 83 years) |
||Sarah Ann Cramer, b. 29 Apr 1834, York County, Pennsylvania , d. 2 Feb 1924, Grand Ledge, Eaton County, Michigan (Age 89 years) |
||18 Aug 1861
||Seneca County, Ohio [4, 5, 6, 7]
- "Augustavus Elliott and Sarah Klemur licensed to marry August 16, 1861 O.C. Zeller, Clk"
"The State of Ohio, Seneca County, I certify that I this day soleminized the marriage of Augustus Elliott with Sarah A. Cramer. Witness my hand this 18 day of August A.D. 1861 A.B. Roe VDM. Certified and Recorded September 16, 1861 O.C. Zeller, Clk." Recorded in Vol. 5, page 419.
On his pension application, Augustus states that he and Sarah were married by Rev. Poe of the M.E. Church, Seneca County, Ohio on 18 August 1861. Dean Cramer shows they married in Fostoria.
||Elliott, Augustus and wife Sarah Cramer|
Augustus and Sarah were married in August, 1861, one year before he was enrolled in the Union Army, in the 123rd Regiment of the Ohio Volunteers at Fostoria, Ohio.
||Cramer, Sarah Ann and Augustus E. Eiliott 1861 Marriage License|
Seneca County, Ohio Marriage Record "Augustavus Elliott and Sarah Klemur licensed to marry August 16, 1861 O.C. Zeller, Clk" The record was certified and recorded on September 10, 1861.
||Elliott Family Plot Marker, Lakeside Cemetery, Odessa Township, Ionia County, Michigan|
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S672] Department of the Interior, Bureau of Pensions, Washington DC, January 2, 1915 Pension Application for Augustus E. Elliott , Grand Ledge, Michigan (Reliability: 3).
- [S308] 1880 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005., (1880 U.S. Census Index provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints © Copyright 1999 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. All use is subject to the limited use license and other terms and conditions applicable to this site. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Tenth Census of the United States, 1880. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1880. T9, 1,454 rolls. This database is an index to 50 million individuals enumerated in the 1880 United States Federal Census. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, address, occupation, relationship to the head of household, race, sex, age at last birthday, marital status, place of birth, parentsí place of birth. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1880 Federal Census.), Michigan, Ionia County, Odessa Twp Enumerated 10 Jun 1880 Page 25 SD 2 ED 103 Sheet 323 A 231-236 (Reliability: 3).
- [S170] Lakeside (Lakewood) Cemetery transcription, Lake Odessa, Odessa Township, Ionia County, Michigan; http://ionia.migenweb.net/cem.htm#Odessa.
- [S356] Seneca County Marriage Records, Augustus Elliott to Sara Cramer, Vol 5, page 419.
- [S80] Family Archive CD #450 County and Family Histories: Ohio 1780-1970 (c) Broderbund Software, Inc October 31, 1998, Disk 4, Mercer Van Wert Counties, p 154 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1484] Ancestry.com - Ohio, Marriages, 1803-1900.
- [S1539] Cramer, Clarence E. "The Family of Johan Helfer Cramer (Revolutionary War Pension W-2762) With Historical Background", (Preliminary Draft Presented at The John Cramer Family Reunion, Bascom, Ohio, August 22, 1943. Copyright 1944. Clarence Cramer, author, was a resident of Chicago, Illinois, and indicated that his book was prepared 'with the assistance of the Combined Relationship.' Copy of this manuscript is at the Historical Society of York County, 250 East Market Street, York, PA 17403, and a xerox of certain sections in the files of Melinda McLemore Strong, San Antonio, Texas.), p. 57-a (Reliability: 3).