1887 - 1963 (75 years)
||Ernest Lafitte Anderson [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||3 Sep 1887
||Sabine County, Texas [1, 2, 3, 4]
||20 Jul 1963
||Dallas, Dallas County, Texas 
||Gravel Hill Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas
- Graduate of Center University. Studied under Dr. West in South Texas.
Military Marker: Texas Pvt Co. A 360 Infantry WW I.
At the time of the 1920 Sabine County census, he was a boarder in the home of Brad and Bula Carter in Sabine County (JP 1, SD 316, ED 168, Sheet 4A). listed as age 33 and widowed. His occupation was Sawyer, Lumber Mill. His chilren were not living with him at the time.
Texas, Sabine, JP 1
Enumerated 4 May 1910
SD 2 ED 131 Sheet 13B
Hemphill and San Augustine Road
Anderson, Ernest L Head M W 22 M1 2 Tx Ark Ark Farmer
Anderson, Aary J Wf F W 22 m1 3 1/1 Tx Tx Miss
Anderson, Simon E Son M W 1 8/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Anderson, George W Head M W 30 m1 8 Tx La Miss Farmer
Anderson, Mimeie Wf F W 33 m1 8 3/2 Tx Tn Il
Anderson, Bergley H Son M W 6 S Tx Tx Tx
Anderson, John L Son M W 1 11/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Conn, John H cousin M W 16 S Tx Tx Tx Farmer
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||John Simon Anderson, b. 12 Oct 1850, Bossier Parish, Louisiana , d. 3 Apr 1913, Tebo, Sabine County, Texas (Age 62 years) |
||Martha Ann "Mattie" Conn, b. 1 Sep 1848, Mississippi , d. 28 Feb 1901, Sabine County, Texas (Age 52 years) |
||Sabine County, Texas 
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Ara Josephine Clark, b. 4 Nov 1887, Sabine County, Texas , d. 2 Dec 1917, Sabine County, Texas (Age 30 years) |
||29 Dec 1907
||Sabine County, Texas [2, 6]
| ||1. Simon Elton "Pete" Anderson, b. 3 Nov 1908, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 28 Feb 2006, Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas (Age 97 years)|
| ||2. Tera Jewel "Andy" Anderson, b. 9 Sep 1910, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 6 Sep 1993, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas (Age 82 years)|
| ||3. Grady Ernest Anderson, b. 29 Sep 1912, Bronson, Sabine County, Texas , d. 11 Apr 1997, San Jacinto County, Texas (Age 84 years)|
| ||4. Louie Bryant Anderson, b. 1 Nov 1914, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 28 Nov 1997, Buna, Jasper County, Texas (Age 83 years)|
| ||5. Baby Boy Anderson, b. 21 Nov 1917, Sabine County, Texas , d. 21 Nov 1917, Sabine County, Texas (Age 0 years)|
||23 Jun 2012 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Albertie "Bertie" Harvey, b. 29 Apr 1904, d. 11 Aug 1992, Sabine County, Texas (Age 88 years) |
||30 Dec 1923
||San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas
| ||1. Elaine Anne Anderson, b. 15 Dec 1924, Bronson, Sabine County, Texas , d. 27 Mar 1995, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas (Age 70 years)|
| ||2. Living|
| ||3. Lonnie Charles "Andy" Anderson, Sr., b. 30 Mar 1933, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 29 Jun 2012, Longview, Gregg County, Texas (Age 79 years)|
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Anderson, Ernest L. with his first wife, ca 1910's or 1920's|
Robert Cecil McDaniel identified this photo as Ernest L. Anderson and his first wife, Florence McLemore. Ernest L. Anderson, the son of John Simon Anderson and Mattie Conn was indeed married twice. However his wives were Ara Josephine Clark and Bertie Harvey. Additionally, there did not appear to be a Florence McLemore in or around Sabine County during that time frame.
PLEASE HELP US IF YOU CAN VERIFY WHO THE COUPLE IN THIS PHOTO IS.
- [S327] Dore, Barbara Yancey (RootsLady@rootslady.com) "Southeast Texas Regional Gedcom Project" http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=bydore_1, (Dore, Barbara Yancey "Southeast Texas Regional Gedcom Project"; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=bydore_1 ; Updated Tue Feb 24 22:17:40 2004 This Gedcom contains many regionally located but sometimes unconnected Southeast Texas persons. Some of the information has been collected during Barbara's past 35 years of family research. Many undocumented families in the area are included. ALWAYS verify!!).
- [S607] McCary, Kay P. "Gravel Hill Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas" Cemetery Index ; http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsabine/burials/.
- [S487] Ancestry.com - U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- [S481] 1910 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006, (For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Thirteenth Census of the United States, 1910. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1910. T624, 1,178 rolls. This database is an index to the head of households enumerated in the 1910 United States Federal Census, the Thirteenth Census of the United States. In addition, each indexed name is linked to actual images of the 1910 Federal Census. The information recorded in the census includes: name, relationship to head of family, age at last birthday, sex, color or race, whether single, married, widowed, or divorced, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, and more.), Texas, Sabine, JP 1 Enumerated 4 May 1910 SD 2 ED 131 Sheet 13B Hemphill and San Augustine Road 227-229 (Reliability: 3).
- [S434] Toole, Blanche "Sabine County Marriages 1875-1900 1900-1910 Prior to 1875" c. 1983.
- [S1305] Clark, John W. "Some Descendants of William Clark of Sabine County, Texas" (American Reference Publishing Co., Ste. 262-250, Ridgleas Bank Building, Fort Worth, Texas 76116, c. 1971), (This book was complied by John William Clark, 1023 Harris Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73107 in honor of William Clark...information was obtained from family records and interviews with relatives having first hand knowledge of the facts; census records of South Carolina, Mississippi, and Texas; cemetery records and tombstone inscriptions; library books in Oklahoma City, Dallas, Austin, Hemphill, Lufkin and Nacogdoches, and letters from many interested people all over the country willing to help and be helped. A copy of this book was found by Trudy Cox at the Abilene Christina Unversity Brown Library and xeroxed by her, and a copy sent to Melinda McLemore Strong in San Antonio, Texas.), p. 10, instead lists marriage date as 28 Dec 1907 (Reliability: 3).