| 1860 - 1943|
||15 Mar 1860
||San Augustine County, Texas [1, 2, 3]
||28 Apr 1943
||Waco, McLennan County, Texas [2, 3]
||Oakwood Cemetery, Waco, McLennan County, Texas 
- He was the first of his generation to leave Texas to attend college, in 1879, at age 19, he entered Vanderbilt in Nashville. (Henson and Parmelee, p. 297). He went on to be president of an oil and gas developemnt company in the area of Spindletop. (ibid, pp. 310-311) . The family was willing to explore new opportunities as time and technology changed. Since the company failed to produce sufficient income, however, the family sensibly cut their losses, and fell back on banking, real estate and ranching. (ibid, pp. 311 and 312).
Name: Robert Lane Cartwright
Death Date: 28 Apr 1943
Death Place: Waco, Mclennan, Texas
Death Age: 83 years 1 month 13 days
Estimated Birth Date:
Birth Date: 15 Mar 1860
Birthplace: San Augustine, Texas
Marital Status: Widowed
Father's Name: Columbus Cartwright
Father's Birthplace: San Augustine, Texas
Mother's Name: Sally Amanda Lane
Mother's Birthplace: Tennessee
Place of Residence: Waco, McLennan, Texas
Cemetery: Oakwood Cemetery
Burial Place: Waco, Texas
Burial Date: 30 Apr 1943
Film Number: 2137304
Digital Film Number: 4030121
Image Number: 3373
Reference Number: 18853
Collection: Texas Deaths, 1890-1976
||Strong Family Tree
||25 Dec 2012 |
||Columbus "Cumby" Clinton Cartwright, b. 23 Aug 1837, San Augustine County, Texas , d. 12 Dec 1901, San Augustine County, Texas |
||Sarah "Sally" Amanda Lane, b. 24 May 1841, Tennessee , d. 18 Feb 1895, San Augustine County, Texas |
||24 Jun 1858
- [S98] 1860 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Eighth Census of the United States, 1860. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1860. M653, 1,438 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1860 United States Federal Census, the Eighth Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, age as of the census day, sex, color; birthplace, occupation of males over age fifteen, and more. No relationships were shown between members of a household. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1860 Federal Census.), Texas, San Augustine County, San Augustine District
Enumerated 5 July 1860
35-35 (Reliability: 3).
- [S33] FamilySearch.org, Texas Deaths, 1890-1976, (http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/).
- [S1426] Henson, Margaret Swett and Parmelee, Deolece "The Cartwrights of San Augustine" (Texas State Historical Association, Austin, 1993), Appendix, Chart II: John Cartwright's Children and Grandchildren (Reliability: 3).
- [S1426] Henson, Margaret Swett and Parmelee, Deolece "The Cartwrights of San Augustine" (Texas State Historical Association, Austin, 1993), p. 209 (Reliability: 3).
- [S990] FamilySearch.org, Texas Death Index, 1903-2000.