1870 - 1927 (56 years)
||Robert Edgar Boyett [1, 2, 3] |
||14 Dec 1870
||Arkansas [1, 2, 3]
||30 Apr 1927
||Rosevine, Sabine County, Texas [1, 2]
||1 May 1927
||Gravel Hill Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas 
- Obituary, from FindAGrave:
"Obituary: Mr. R.E. Boyett, age 57, died at his home near Rosevine Saturday morning, April 30, after a short period of illness.
Having eaten a hearty lunch on Thursday preceding his death, he returned to work apparently in good health. But he was found late that afternoon unconscious, in which condition he, it is believed, had been for several hours. He never regained consciousness.
He was buried Sunday May 1 in the Gravelhill Cemetary. A very large crowd attended the funeral. The services were conducted by Rev. A.J. Edgar. After the services the body was taken in charge by the Hemphill Order of Free Masons, of which he had been a member for several years, and buried in Masonic fashion.
Mr. Boyett spent the first fifty years of his life in the Gravelhill community at the end of which time he moved near Rosevine where he lived until his death. He is known in both places not only as a devoted father and husband but also as a sincere Christian. He always used his utmost influence in promoting the general welfare of his fellowmen, never faltering when duty called him. The community shares with his family the loss of him, for both have lost a leader that can never be replaced.
Surviving are his wife and seven children all of whom reside in this county except Mrs. Leonard Cordray of the Panhandle District and Aaron Boyett of Junction Texas.
Texas, Sabine County, JP 8
SD 8 ED 72 Sheet 5B
Enumerated 5 Jun 1900
Boyett, John O Head M W May 1862 38 M 12 Ala Ala Ala Farmer
Boyett, Mattie A Wf W F Mar 1870 30 M12 5/4 Tx Miss Miss
Boyett, Lula I Dtr W F Oct 1888 11 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, Elisha O Son W M Jan 1891 9 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, William N Son W M May 1895 5 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, Zenas Son W M Aug 1898 1 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, Robert E Head W M Sept 1865 34 M 7 Tx Ala Ala Farmer
Boyett, Clarissa L Wf W F July 1877 22 M 7 2/2 Tx Miss MIss
Boyett, Mable E Dtr W F Sept 1894 5 S Tx Tx Tx
Boyett, Aaron Son W M Mar 1898 2 S Tx Tx Tx
Texas, Sabine County, JP 1
Enumerated 3 May 1910
SD 2 ED 131 Sheet 14B
Boyett, John O Head M W 47 m1 22 Ala Ala Ala Farmer
Boyett, Mattie A Wf F W 30 m1 22 7/5 Tx Miss Miss
Boyett, Elisha O Son M W 19 S Tx Ala Tx Laborer Home Farm
Boyett, William N Son M W 12 S Tx Ala Tx Laborer Home Farm
Boyett, Burl D Son M W 6 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, Mary L Dtr F W 4 S Tx Ala Tx
Boyett, Robert E Head M W 39 m1 17 Tx Ala Ala Farmer'
Boyett, Clarissa A Wf F W 32 m1 17 6/5 Tx Miss Miss
Boyett, Aaron P Son M W 12 S Tx Tx Tx
Boyett, Willie O Dtr F W 6 S Tx Tx Tx
Boyett, Earnest J Son M W 3 S Tx Tx Tx
Boyett, Vida S Dtr F W ?/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Texas, Sabine County, JP One
Enumerated 16 Feb 1920
SD 326 ED 168 Sheet 36B
Boyett, Robert E Head M W 43 M Tx Ala Miss Farmer Own Farm
Boyett, Clairsey Wf F W 42 M Tx Miss Miss
Boyett, Willie O Dtr F W 15 S Tx Tx Tx Farm Laborer
Boyett, Ernest J Son M W 11 S Tx Tx Tx Farm Laborer
Boyett, Vida E Dtr F W 9 S Tx Tx Tx
Boyett, Eveleen M Dtr F W 2 5/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Conn, Ada A Niece F W 20 S Tx Tx Tx
Conn, Katie O Niece F W 7 S Tx Tx Tx
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Henry Denson Boyett, b. 25 Sep 1836, Alabama , d. 6 Oct 1901, Sabine County, Texas (Age 65 years) |
||Mary Jane Buckley, b. 22 Nov 1844, Alabama , d. 23 Jul 1882, Sabine County, Texas (Age 37 years) |
||24 Feb 1859
||Butler County, Alabama [2, 4, 5]
- Groom's Name: Denson Boyett
Groom's Birth Date:
Bride's Name: Mary J. Bunkley
Bride's Birth Date:
Marriage Date: 24 Feb 1859
Marriage Place: , Butler, Alabama
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:
Bride's Mother's Name:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M59309-6
System Origin: Alabama-EASy
Source Film Number: 1290250
Collection: Alabama Marriages, 1816-1957
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Clarissa L. Abi Conn, b. 22 Jul 1877, Sabine County, Texas , d. 7 Mar 1935, Junction, Kimble County, Texas (Age 57 years) |
||19 Dec 1893
||Sabine County, Texas [1, 2, 6]
- In her annotated transcription of the Gravel Hill Cemetery, Kay Parker McCary shows that they were also the parents of Wyatt BOYETT (1905-1906). This is a possiblity, as he would fit in the gap between their children Willie Orma (b. 1903) and Ernest Jackson (b. 1906). The 1910 census enumeration shows that Clarissa was the mother of six children in total, only five still living. Her living children were Emma (already married to Leonard Cordray), Aaron, Willie O., Ernest, and Vida. Robert Goodrich, born and died in 1902 was known to be deceased. Therefore, unless the census was in error, she could not have also been the mother of Wyatt. Additionally, in March 2013 Clarissa's granddaughter, Martha White emailed that "Sadly, there was once a page from the family bible but it was long ago lost and was in bad shape. I know that no one ever said Grandmother had anything but 9 children. My Mother [Annie Lora Boyett White] being her 9th and last child. Two did die very young, Robert Goodrich [and later] Oren Washington. I do not remember seeing a Wyatt on the bible list. An additional child...say Wyatt...would have given Grandmother 10 children in her life and to my knowledge that is just incorrect. Also, in the past decades there were trips by my Uncle Ernest to east Texas and his wife photographed graves -- he never mentioned a Wyatt or brought back a picture of that grave. Years and years ago I did do a family tree, when Ernest Sr., Aunt Willie were still living...they all looked at it and never mentioned a Wyatt. So I do believe that is an error. Aunt Willie also helped a woman out of CA who was writing a book, and she never mentioned a Wyatt either." It is likely that Wyatt Boyett, attributed by Kay Parker McCary to Robert Edgar and Clarissa Boyett was more likely a son of John Oliver Boyett and Mattie Conn, and therefore not a sibling, but rather a double first cousin to the children born to Robert and Clarissa.
| ||1. Emma Mable Boyett, b. 25 Sep 1894, Sabine County, Texas , d. 1 Jan 1967, Stanislaus County, California (Age 72 years)|
| ||2. Aaron Patrick Boyett, b. 3 Mar 1898, Sabine County, Texas , d. 12 Sep 1956, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas (Age 58 years)|
| ||3. Robert Goodrich Boyett, b. 11 May 1902, Sabine County, Texas , d. 11 Jul 1902, Sabine County, Texas (Age 0 years)|
| ||4. Willie Orma Boyett, b. 29 Oct 1903, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 17 Oct 1985, Austin, Travis County, Texas (Age 81 years)|
| ||5. Ernest Jackson Boyett, b. 19 Dec 1906, Sabine County, Texas , d. 3 Aug 1985, Travis County, Texas (Age 78 years)|
| ||6. Vida Edna Boyett, b. 23 Jun 1909, Sabine County, Texas , d. 23 Dec 1976, Travis County, Texas (Age 67 years)|
| ||7. Oren Washington Boyett, b. 11 May 1912, Sabine County, Texas , d. 23 Jul 1915, Sabine County, Texas (Age 3 years)|
| ||8. Evelyn Maxine "Tex" Boyett, b. 8 Jul 1916, Sabine County, Texas , d. 30 Nov 1994, Fresno County, California (Age 78 years)|
| ||9. Annie Lora "Anne" Boyett, b. 1 Mar 1922, Sabine County, Texas , d. 10 Dec 1995, Austin, Travis County, Texas (Age 73 years)|
||3 Apr 2013 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S327] Dore, Barbara Yancey (RootsLady@rootslady.com) "Southeast Texas Regional Gedcom Project" http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=bydore_1, (Dore, Barbara Yancey "Southeast Texas Regional Gedcom Project"; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=bydore_1 ; Updated Tue Feb 24 22:17:40 2004 This Gedcom contains many regionally located but sometimes unconnected Southeast Texas persons. Some of the information has been collected during Barbara's past 35 years of family research. Many undocumented families in the area are included. ALWAYS verify!!).
- [S607] McCary, Kay P. "Gravel Hill Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas" Cemetery Index ; http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsabine/burials/.
- [S481] 1910 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006, (For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Thirteenth Census of the United States, 1910. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1910. T624, 1,178 rolls. This database is an index to the head of households enumerated in the 1910 United States Federal Census, the Thirteenth Census of the United States. In addition, each indexed name is linked to actual images of the 1910 Federal Census. The information recorded in the census includes: name, relationship to head of family, age at last birthday, sex, color or race, whether single, married, widowed, or divorced, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, and more.), Texas, Sabine County, JP 1 Enumerated 3 May 1910 SD 2 ED 131 Sheet 14B 239-241 (Reliability: 3).
- [S920] FamilySearch.org, Alabama Marriages, 1816-1957.
- [S873] Find A Grave [database online]; http://www.findagrave.com/, (Thousands of contributors submit new listings, updates, corrections, photographs and virtual flowers every hour to the FIND A GRAVE website. When it comes to administrating, building and maintaining the site, Find A Grave is largely operated by its founder, Jim Tipton.), # 81514842 (Reliability: 3).
- [S33] FamilySearch.org, Texas Deaths, 1890-1976, (http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/).