1881 - 1918 (37 years)
||Alice A. Fullen [1, 2] |
||20 May 1881
||Texas [1, 2]
||2 Sep 1918
||Sabine County, Texas 
||Rosevine Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas
- According to the following marriage information, Birdwell, R.D. to A.A. Fullen 7 Mar 1898 by W.T. Harvil, M.G. The 1900 Census shows A.A. Fullen to be named Alice A., and that she was born in approximately 1881. I am assuming she is a daughter of John and Jane Fullen, and not of William and Elizabeth Fullen, for the following reasons:
1) There appear to have been only two Fullen Household's in Sabine County in 1881; that of William Fullen and that of John Fullen. It is assumed one of these two men was her father.
2) Alice would have been too young to be listed with either Fullen family in 1880. The census for 1890, when she was age 9, was destroyed. She was married in 1898, so is listed with her husband in 1900. This is why she will not be found listed with either family on census records.
3) According to the Sabine County 1910 Federal Census, John and Jane Fullen had been married for 42 years. They had had 9 children, 7 of whom were still living. By examining other census information, eight of these nine total children can be accounted for. I believe Alice to be the ninth. William and Margaret had also been married for a total of 42 years. They had 6 children, 5 of whom were still living. By examining other census records, all six can be accounted for.
4) On the 1890 Scholastic Census, Lena, 13, Ginnie 11, and Washington 8 were recorded as attending No. 57, Bethany. Surely if Alice were one of their siblings, she would have been in attendance as well. She and Washington were both born circa 1881. By way of contrast, none of the children of John and Jane Fullen were recorded on the 1890 Scholastic Census. Presumably they were needed at home for farmwork.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||John W. Fullen, b. 28 Aug 1845, County Of Sabine, Republic Of Texas , d. 1 Mar 1933, Sabine County, Texas (Age 87 years) |
||Jane Allen, b. 5 Dec 1850, Sabine County, Texas , d. 6 Jan 1926, Sabine County, Texas (Age 75 years) |
||Sabine County, Texas [3, 4]
||Fullen, John & Jane and Family|
Appears to have been taken in the 1910's or 1920's in Sabine County, Texas
John Fullen and his wife Jane Allen are the elderly couple in the left of the photo. It appears the others pictured are family members, but exactly who is who is unknown.
PLEASE HELP US INDENTIFY EVERYONE IN THIS PHOTO.
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Rush David Birdwell, b. 19 Dec 1877, Milam, Sabine County, Texas , d. 14 May 1966, Weslaco, Hidalgo County, Texas (Age 88 years) |
||7 Mar 1898
||Sabine County, Texas [2, 3]
- Birdwell, R.D. to A.A. Fullen 7 Mar 1898 by W.T. Harvil, M.G.
| ||1. James Chalmas Birdwell, b. 15 Jan 1899, Sabine County, Texas , d. 12 Jun 1982, San Augustine County, Texas (Age 83 years)|
||5 Jun 2010 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S198] McDaniel, Robert Cecil THE 1900 POPULATION CENSUS OF SABINE COUNTY, TX.
- [S815] Pike, David Earl "Descendants of Cyrus Cogburn" Updated 24 Sept 2000 ; http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/i/k/David-E-Pike/index.html.
- [S434] Toole, Blanche "Sabine County Marriages 1875-1900 1900-1910 Prior to 1875" c. 1983.
- [S433] Toole, Blanche "1910 Population Census Sabine County, Texas" ca 1987 Sabine County Memorial Library and Museum, Reported on this census they had been married 42 years, cir ca 1868 (Reliability: 3).