1826 - 1909 (83 years)
||Nancy Carroll [1, 2, 3] |
||20 Feb 1826
||Alabama [1, 2, 3]
||10 May 1909 [1, 3]
||Benjamin Cemetery, Benjamin, Knox County, Texas 
- After her husband died, Nancy apparently lived with her daughter Sarah, also widowed.
Knox Co. Texas ED 43 Pg. 171A
Martin, Sarah A., head, Oct. 1866, 33, Wd. Married 8 yrs. 4/4 children.
Martin, Glenn T., son, Oct. 1892, 7, TX TN AR
Martin, James C., son, March 1894, 6, TX TN AR
Martin, Willis A., son, Sept. 1895, 4, TX TN AR
Martin, Ruth E., daughter, Jan. 1897, 3, TX TN AR
Adams, Nancy, mother, Feb. 1827, 73, Wd., Married 40 yrs. 11/5 children, AL NC NC
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Alfred Marrien Carroll, b. Abt 1801, North Carolina , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Elizabeth Moore, b. Abt 1807, Alabama , d. Yes, date unknown |
- Monica Hightower shows they had twelve children in total,
Alfred Carroll & Elizabeth Moore's children:
Margaret Jane b.19May1823 m.Samuel Johnson
Mary m. William Johnson
Eliza m. Thomas Beck
Elizabeth b.abt. 1827
Catherine b. abt. 1831
Nancy m. William V. Adams
John Moore Carroll
Martha b.abt.1836 m. Marion Stacy
Joseph D. b.abt.1838
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||William Valentine Adams, b. 14 Feb 1822, Mississippi , d. 18 Mar 1894, Knox County, Texas (Age 72 years) |
||6 Feb 1845
||Tishomingo County, Mississippi 
- "Marriage Bonds, State of Mississippi" Tishomingo Co. 1842-1846 William V. Adams and Nancy Carroll, Feb 6, 1845 Sanders Mill, M.G. Surety: John Moore
| ||1. Elizabeth Lucinda Adams, b. 8 Feb 1845, Tishomingo County, Mississippi , d. 7 Feb 1933, Ada, Pontotoc County, Oklahoma (Age 87 years)|
| ||2. Mary Jane Adams, b. Dec 1847, Mississippi , d. Abt 1941 (Age ~ 93 years)|
| ||3. David A. Adams, b. Abt 1850, Mississippi , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Martha E. Adams, b. Abt 1853, Arkansas , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Willis A. Adams, b. 8 Jan 1856, Arkansas , d. 13 Dec 1928, Lubbock County, Texas (Age 72 years)|
| ||6. Joseph Thomas Adams, b. 10 Oct 1858, Arkansas , d. 10 Mar 1937, Texas (Age 78 years)|
| ||7. Sarah "Sally" A. Adams, b. Oct 1866, Arkansas , d. 15 Oct 1915, Benjamin, Knox County, Texas (Age ~ 49 years)|
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Carroll, Nancy with great-grandchildren Trudie Holder & brother|
Nancy (Carroll) Adams with two of her great grandchildren, children of Stella (Adams) Holder. The young girl to her left is Trudie Lee Holder, who later died of the flu while in college, and and unidentified younger brother.
PLEASE HELP US IDENTIFY WHICH BROTHER THIS IS.
- [S532] Cordell, Lynell Gentry-Family Researcher P.O. Box 1992 Duncan OK 73534-1992 Correspondence, Gedcom, Family Group Sheets, Email.
- [S144] 1850 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005, (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Seventh Census of the United States, 1850. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1850. M432, 1,009 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1850 United States Federal Census, the Seventh Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, age as of the census day, sex, color; birthplace, occupation of males over age fifteen, and more. No relationships were shown between members of a household. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1850 Federal Census.), Mississippi, Tishomingo County, Southern Division Enumerated 22 Oct 1850 470-470 (Reliability: 3).
- [S873] Find A Grave [database online]; http://www.findagrave.com/, (Thousands of contributors submit new listings, updates, corrections, photographs and virtual flowers every hour to the FIND A GRAVE website. When it comes to administrating, building and maintaining the site, Find A Grave is largely operated by its founder, Jim Tipton.), # 39537083 (Reliability: 3).