1856 - 1928 (72 years)
||Willis A. Adams [1, 2, 3] |
||8 Jan 1856
||Arkansas [1, 2, 3]
||13 Dec 1928
||Lubbock County, Texas [1, 3]
||Tatum Cemetery, Tatum, Lea County, New Mexico [1, 3]
- The 1860 census lists him as William A., the 1870 census lists him as Willie.
Lots of land records in Knox Co. TX names W.A. and Oscar, Tom or J.T. and Perry Adams.
- (Research):Census Listings:
Jack Co. TX ED 158
Adams, Willis, 24, MS MS AL
Adams, Ella, 17, TX OH IN
Knox Co. TX ED 43 pg. 172A
Adams, Willis A., Jan 1856, 44, Married 21 yrs., MS TN TN
Adams, Ella M., wife, Feb. 1863, 37, 1/1 children, TX TX TX
Adams, Oscar A., son, Aug. 1880, 19, TX
Anderson, Carrie, adopted daughter, Nov. 1878, 21, TX TX TX
Knox Co. TX pg. 12B
Adams, Willis, 54, married 32 yrs, ? TN AL
Adams, M. E., 47, 1/1 children, TX TN AL
McDonald, Archibald, father-in-law, 83, Wd., TN - -
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||William Valentine Adams, b. 14 Feb 1822, Mississippi , d. 18 Mar 1894, Knox County, Texas (Age 72 years) |
||Nancy Carroll, b. 20 Feb 1826, Alabama , d. 10 May 1909 (Age 83 years) |
||6 Feb 1845
||Tishomingo County, Mississippi 
- "Marriage Bonds, State of Mississippi" Tishomingo Co. 1842-1846 William V. Adams and Nancy Carroll, Feb 6, 1845 Sanders Mill, M.G. Surety: John Moore
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Mary Ellie McDonald, b. 15 Feb 1863, Texas , d. 11 Oct 1958 (Age 95 years) |
| ||1. Oscar Augustus Adams, b. 30 Aug 1880, Knox County, Texas , d. 26 Jun 1933, Tatum, Lea County, New Mexico (Age 52 years)|
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S532] Cordell, Lynell Gentry-Family Researcher P.O. Box 1992 Duncan OK 73534-1992 Correspondence, Gedcom, Family Group Sheets, Email.
- [S384] 1900 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004, (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Twelfth Census of the United States, 1900. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1900. T623, 1854 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1900 United States Federal Census, the Twelfth Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, address, relationship to the head of household, color or race, sex, month and year of birth, age at last birthday, marital status, number of years married, the total number of children born of the mother, the number of those children living, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, if the individual was foreign born, the year of immigration and the number of years in the United States, the citizenship status of foreign-born individuals over age twenty-one, occupation, and more. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1900 Federal Census.), Knox Co. TX ED 43 pg. 172A 53/53 (Reliability: 3).
- [S873] Find A Grave [database online]; http://www.findagrave.com/, (Thousands of contributors submit new listings, updates, corrections, photographs and virtual flowers every hour to the FIND A GRAVE website. When it comes to administrating, building and maintaining the site, Find A Grave is largely operated by its founder, Jim Tipton.), # 10382571 (Reliability: 3).