1909 - 1988 (79 years)
||Raymond Beznoska [1, 2, 3] |
||24 Jan 1909
||Lawton, Comanche County, Oklahoma [1, 2, 3]
||26 Sep 1988
||Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska [1, 3]
||Czech National (Killian) Cemetery, Morse Bluff, Saunders County, Nebraska
- Tuesday, September 27, 1988
North Bend--Funeral Services for Raymond Beznoska, 79, Nebraska City, formerly of North Bend, will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, at First United Methodist Church, North Bend. He died Monday, Sept. 26, 1988, at St. Mary's Hospital, Nebraska City. He was a retired machine repairman.
He was born Jan. 24, 1909, at Lawton, Oklahoma. He came to Nebraska in 1918 and lived in the Cedar Bluffs and North Bend areas. He moved in Nebraska City in 1983.
Mr. Beznoska served during World War II with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Germany. He worked as a meat cutter at the Central Market, Omaha, before becoming an amusement machine repairman. During his 20 years as a repairman he worked for Bachman Music Company and Kort Amusement.
He was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Nebraska City, and a former member of the First United Methodist Church, North Bend. he wa a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post. No. 8223, North Bend, and the American Legion Post No. 340, Morse Bluff.
He married Zelma L. Tomasek, Dec. 19, 1929, at Council Bluffs, Iowa. She died June 2, 1970.
Survivors include one son, Kenneth, Nebraska City; two grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and three step-great-grandchildren.
The Rev. Hiram Lilley wil officiate Wednesday's services. Burial will be at Killian Cemetery, rural Morse Bluffs. Military graveside services will be conducted by VFW Post No. 8223, North Bend, and American Legion Post No. 340, Morse Bluff. Visitation is in progress at Moser Memorial Chapel, North Bend.
(Unreferenced news clipping, courtesy of Carolyn Mastney, Schuyler, Nebraska)
- (Research):Census Information:
1930 Federal Census
Nebraska, Dodge County, Union Twp
Enumerated April 16, 1930 by April 16, 1930 by George G. Mc
ED 27-27 SD 3 Sheet 5B
Beznoska, Frank R. Hd R M W 48 M 23 Neb Czech Czech Farmer
Beznoska, Bessie M Wf F W 42 M 17 Neb Czech Czech
Beznoska, Raymond F Son M W 29 M 2 29 M Ok Neb Neb
Beznoska, Delma L DIL F W 19 M 19 Neb Neb Neb
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Frank R. Beznoska, Jr., b. 10 Aug 1881, Morse Bluff, Saunders County, Nebraska , d. 21 Dec 1956, Saunders County, Nebraska (Age 75 years) |
||Bessie Mamie Havlik, b. 17 Mar 1888, Rushville, Sheridan County, Nebraska , d. 12 Nov 1959, Saunders County, Nebraska (Age 71 years) |
||6 Sep 1904
||Lawton, Comanche County, Oklahoma 
- North Bend Couple to Mark Golden Wedding Anniversary
North Bend--Mr. and Mrs. Frank R. Beznoska will observe their golden wedding anniversary at an open house at their home Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. with a 6 p.m. dinner for relatives.
Beznoska was born near Morse Bluffs and Mrs. Beznoska was born near Crete. Both moved to Oklahoma where they met and were married in Lawton, Oklahoma Sept. 6, 1904.
The couple moved back to this vicinity in 1918. Since 1935 they have lived in North Bend.
Mr. and Mrs. Beznoska have one son, Raymond, who lives in North Bend and one grandson.
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Beznoska Observe 50th Anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Beznoska, long time residents of North Bend, celebrated their golden wedding anniversary, Sunday, September 5th, by holding an open house at their home, from two to five in the afternoon. Nearly 150 guests were present. A dinner for about 50 relatives was served at six in the evening. The honored couple received many lovely gifts, cards and flowers. Long distance phone calls came from Lawton, Oklahoma, and Flint, Michigan. Out of town guests were present from Fremont, Schuyler, Cedar Bluffs, Milligan, Omaha, Nebraska and Thunder Hawk, South Dakota.
The attractive wedding cake was baked by their niece, Mrs. Louis Mastny, Jr. of Schuyler.
(Undated, unreferenced news clippings: courtesty of Caroline Mastney of Schuyler, Nebraska)
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Zelma L. Tomasek, b. 18 May 1910, North Bend, Dodge County, Nebraska , d. 2 Jun 1970, Milbank, Grant County, South Dakota (Age 60 years) |
||19 Dec 1929
||Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, Iowa
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S190] Mastny, Caroline--Family Researcher, 410 W. 19th Street, Schuyler, Nebraska 68661.
- [S483] 1920 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005, (For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the NARA web page. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1920 United States Federal Census, the Fourteenth Census of the United States. It includes all states and territories, as well as Military and Naval Forces, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, and the Panama Canal Zone. The census provides many details about individuals and families including: name, gender, age, birthplace, year of immigration, mother tongue, and parentsí birthplaces. In addition, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1920 Federal Census.), Nebraska, Saunders County, Cedar Bluffs, ED 146 Enumerated 30 & 31 Jan 1920 by L.E. Smith SD 4 ED 146 Sheet 14B 362-367 (Reliability: 3).
- [S333] Ancestry.com - U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current [database online], (Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.).