Between 1856 and 1857 - Yes, date unknown
||Friedrich Benkelman [1, 2, 3] |
||Between 1856 and 1857
||Yes, date unknown
- Probably died as a young man. He can not be located on an census records subsequent to the 1870 census at which time he was shown as age 15. Jane Zimmerman writes that "supposedly he set out for California & was killed by Indians on the way." Jane further indicated this has never been proved or disproved.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Johann Leonhard "Leonard" Benkelman, b. 5 Jul 1828, Schneiderhof, Waldhausen Parish, Welzheim, Jagstkreis, Württemberg, Germany , d. 25 May 1913, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin (Age 84 years) |
||Jane McCormick, b. 13 May 1830, Ireland , d. 21 Aug 1894, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin (Age 64 years) |
||19 Feb 1855
||Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin [1, 2, 4]
- BENKELMANN: Leonhard (also Leonard Benkelman) b: Wurtenburg, Germany res: Manitowoc p: Leonhard and Toladea Benkelmann m: 19 Feb. 1855 at Manitowoc to: Jane (McCormick)Clancey (a young widow from Chicago) p: John and Cath. McCormick
Jane Zimmerman writes that Leonard was quite easygoing, whereas Jane was hard to please.
||Group Sheet, Family chart
|Born - Between 1856 and 1857 - Wisconsin
||Benkelman, Frederick and Ella|
Manitowac, WI First Ward School News, dated 23 March 1871. Frederick Binkelman was the highest ranked boy student, and Ella Binkelman is fifth on the girls list. Ella is also shown as having had perfect deportment during the month of March.
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982.
- [S690] Zimmerman, Jane-Family Researcher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S1610] Jacobs, BonnieMargaret McDonald "The Family Benkelman" Unpublished Manuscript, 276 pages, October 1981 Version, (Copy owned by Barney Benkelman, Helena, Montana; which he xeroxed and sent to Melinda McLemore Strong in San Antonio, Texas), p. 103 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1610] Jacobs, BonnieMargaret McDonald "The Family Benkelman" Unpublished Manuscript, 276 pages, October 1981 Version, (Copy owned by Barney Benkelman, Helena, Montana; which he xeroxed and sent to Melinda McLemore Strong in San Antonio, Texas), p. 102 (Reliability: 3).