1866 - 1955 (88 years)
||John Buchholz [1, 2, 3] |
||1 Nov 1866
||Michigan [2, 3, 4]
||12 Jul 1955
||Centreville, St. Joseph County, Michigan [3, 4]
- John Buchholz, Lifelong Area Resident, Dies
John Buchholz, 88, a resident of this area all his life, died at 3:40 AM Tuesday at Sturgis Memorial Hospital where he had been a patient since last Friday night. He had been in ill health for the last two years. The prominently known Burr Oak Township farmer was born near Sturgis, Michigan Nov. 1, 1866, a son of August and Mary (Kasdorf) Buchholz. He was married to Augusta Jesse Sept. 30, 1896 at her home in Sherman Township. Mr. Buchholz was a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church. Surviving besides his wife at home is a son, Carl, and daughter, Mrs. John (Nina) Falkenstein, both of Sturgis, and a sister Mrs. Emma Meyers of Burr Oak, and four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Friends may call at the Fogelsong Funeral Home until 10 am Thursday. Following that hour the body will lie in state at Trinity Lutheran Church where rites will be held at 2 pm Thursday with the Rev. Leland Lochhaas officiating. Burial services will take place at Oak Lawn Cemetery.
Name: John Buchholz
Death Date: 12 Jul 1955
Death Place: Centerville, St.Joseph Co., Mich.
Birth Date: 01 Nov 1866
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Augusta Buchholz
Father's Name: August Buchholz
Mother's Name: Mary Kasdorf
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B01820-4
System Origin: Michigan-EASy
Source Film Number: 1940445
Reference Number: 254
Collection: Michigan Deaths and Burials, 1800-1995
Michigan, St. Joseph County, Burr Oak Township
Enumerated April 19, 1930
ED 15-2 SD 12 Sheet 6A
Meyers, John C Head M W 57 M 26 Mich Germay Germany Farmer
Meyers, Emma C Wf F W 59 M 28 Mich Germany Germany
Buchholz, Marry Mother-in-law F W 86 Wd Germany Germany Germany
Buchholz, John Head M W 63 M 29 Mich Germany Germany Farmer
Buchholz, Augusta Wf F W 59 M 26 Mich Germany Germany
- (Medical):Other significant condition: Epithelium right face 1 year/Attending physician: H.R. Weisheit
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Augusta Henrietta Jesse, b. 14 Apr 1870, Sherman Township, St. Joseph County, Michigan , d. 3 Oct 1966, Centreville, St. Joseph County, Michigan (Age 96 years) |
||30 Sep 1896
||Sherman Township, St. Joseph County, Michigan [1, 5]
| ||1. Carl August Buchholz, b. 28 Apr 1898, Burr Oak Township, St. Joseph County, Michigan , d. 21 Apr 1959, Centreville, St. Joseph County, Michigan (Age 60 years)|
| ||2. Nina Buchholz, b. 8 Oct 1899, Burr Oak Township, St. Joseph County, Michigan , d. 24 Dec 1985, Sturgis, St. Joseph County, Michigan (Age 86 years)|
||Jesse, Augusta 1896 marriage to John Buchholz|
Augusta's 1896 marriage to John Buchholz. The marriage was witnessed by her sister and brother-in-law, Julia (Jesse)and Willis Oman. A year prior to their own marriage, Augusta Jesse and John Bucholz had served as witnesses to the marriage between Julia and Willis.
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S469] Williams, Dorothy Ball--Family Researcher (firstname.lastname@example.org) 3331 Southwest Villa Place, Palm City, FL 34990 ; based in part on BonnieMargaret Benkelman Jacob's unpublished typescript, THE FAMILY BENKELMAN.
- [S564] 1930 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com. database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. Containing records for approximately 123 million Americans, the 1930 United States Federal Census is the largest census released to date and is the most recent census available for public access. The census gives us a glimpse into the lives of Americans in 1930, and contains information about a household’s family members and occupants including: birthplaces, occupations, immigration, citizenship, and military service. The names of those listed in the census are linked to actual images of the 1930 Census.), Michigan, St. Joseph County, Burr Oak Township Enumerated April 19, 1930 ED 15-2 SD 12 Sheet 6A 131-134 (Reliability: 3).
- [S985] FamilySearch.org, Michigan Deaths and Burials, 1800-1995.
- [S29] State of Michigan, Department of State, Division of Vital Records, Death Certificate.
- [S38] State of Michigan, Marriage License, (Eaton County, Mich Marriage License of Ben F. Benkelman Jr to Avis A. Smith, No. 155), John Bucholz to Augusta Jesse in Sherman Township, St. Jose ph County, 30 day of Sept 1896 Witnesses Willis and Julian e Oman, John Bauman Minister (Reliability: 3).