1932 - 1995 (62 years)
||Barbara Ell |
||17 May 1932
||Mineola, Nassau County, New York [1, 2, 3]
||1 Feb 1995
||Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan [2, 3, 4]
||Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan 
- Cass City Chronicle
Wednesday, February 8, 1995
Barbara Ell Benkelman, 62, of Cass City, formerly of Bloomfield Hills, died Wednesday, Feb. 1, in her home after a long illness.
She was born May 17, 1932, in Miniola, N.Y., daughter of Thomas and Viola (Miner) ELL.
She married William D. Benkelman May 2, 1952, in East Lansing.
Mrs. Benkelman volunteered many hours in various medical and hospital settings.
Surviving are her husband, William, 2 son, Jefrey and his wife, Marilyn, of North Palm Beach, Fla., and James and his wife, Susan, of Breckenridge, Colo.; a daughter, Cynthia RYERSON and her husband, Anthony, of Vail, Colo.; 6 grandchildren, and a brother, Thomas Ell and his wife Lynn, of Fort Pierce, Fla.
Funeral services were held Saturday in the First Presbyterian Church, Cass City, with the Rev. Ellen Rutherford of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Bad Axe, and the Rev. David Smith of the First Presbyterian Church, Cass City, officiating.
Memorials may be made to the Barbara Benkelman Hospice Endowment Fund, Thumb National Bank, 6522 Main St., Cass City, c/o Curt Strickland.
Interment will take place in the spring in Elkland Township Cemetery.
Little & Kranz Funeral Home handled arrangements.
(Transcribed by Melinda McLemore Strong, Summer 2007)
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||William Donald Benkelman, b. 23 Oct 1928, Royal Oak, Oakland County, Michigan , d. 6 Aug 2002, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan (Age 73 years) |
||2 May 1952
||East Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan [3, 5]
||24 Mar 2010 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.|
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982.
- [S333] Ancestry.com - U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current [database online], (Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.).
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, Wednesday, February 8, 1995 (Reliability: 3).
- [S469] Williams, Dorothy Ball--Family Researcher (email@example.com) 3331 Southwest Villa Place, Palm City, FL 34990 ; based in part on BonnieMargaret Benkelman Jacob's unpublished typescript, THE FAMILY BENKELMAN.
- [S595] Striffler-Benkelman Broadcast, (Family Publication, published sporadically to record family milestones in connection with the annual Striffler-Benkelman Family Reunions, with Vol. 1, Number 1, published Sept. 7, 1936. Issues on file at the Rawson Memorial Library in Cass City, Michigan include Vol. 5 (1941), Vol. 7 (1944) and Volumes 8 (1945) through Vol. 28 (1968). Issues published from 1961 through 1964 were not assigned volume numbers, and 1963 appears to be missing. Xeroxes of the existing issues were also made by Melinda McLemore Strong in 2007. According to a article published by the Cass City Chronicle on August 6, 1981, commemorating the Fiftieth and Final Striffler-Benkelman Reunion, the final issue of the STRIFFLER-BENKELMAN BROADCAST appears to have been Volume 28, published in 1968.), Volume 15, September 1, 1952. (Reliability: 3).