1868 - 1933 (~ 65 years)
||Alice Mary McDougall [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||London, Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada [5, 6]
||27 Aug 1933
||Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
||Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan
- The Michigan Birth Index listing for her daughter, Helen, lists her as Mary Alice instead of Alice Mary.
Cass City Chronicle
Friday, September 1, 1933
Deaths of the Week
Mrs. Wm. F. Benkelman
Mrs. William F. Benkelman passed away of a heart attack at her summer home at Lake Huron Beach, Canada, Sunday afternoon, August 27.
Alice M. McDougall was born in London, Ontario, 66 years ago and has lived in Detroit for the last 25 years. Her husband died October 11, 1932.
Funeral services were held at the home, 356 Englewood Ave., Detroit, at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday and the body was brought to Cass City Wednesday morning. Burial was in Elkland cemetery.
Mrs. Benkelman was a member of the Third Church of Christian Scientist. She is survived by two daughters and one son, Mrs. Frances M. Symington, Mrs. Helen M. McKenna and John F. Benkelman. Three sisters also survive. They are Mrs. Hannah Seed, Miss Margaret McDougall and Miss Christine McDougall, all of Point Edward, Ont.
(Transcribed by Melinda McLemore Strong, Summer 2007)
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||William Frederick Benkelman, b. 10 Feb 1862, Bowmansville, Town of Lancaster, Erie County, New York , d. 11 Oct 1932, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan (Age 70 years) |
||23 Jul 1886 [3, 7]
- BonnieMargaret Jacobs instead shows the location of their marriage as in Middlesex County, Ontario.
| ||1. Frances M. Benkelman, b. 10 Sep 1892, Grayling, Crawford County, Michigan , d. 2 Mar 1961, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan (Age 68 years)|
| ||2. Helen McDougall Benkelman, b. 3 May 1896, Grayling, Crawford County, Michigan , d. 20 Aug 1976, Livonia, Wayne County, Michigan (Age 80 years)|
| ||3. John Frank "Jack" Benkelman, b. 19 Jul 1905, Grayling, Crawford County, Michigan , d. 5 Mar 1989, Troy, Oakland County, Michigan (Age 83 years)|
||3 Jul 2013 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Benkelman Brothers with their wives, mid 1920's (Sons of Adam and Catherine Benkelman)|
Front Row, L to R: Possibly Alice McDougall Benkelman, Mary Striffler Benkelman, Augusta Krehl Benkelman, Possibly Barbara Rommel Benkelman, Minnie Jesse Benkelman and Samuel Benkelman
Back Row, L To R: Thought to be George, William, John, and Ben Sr.
PLEASE HELP US VERIFY THESE ASSUMPTIONS.
- [S337] Benkelman, Hilda Jane Stickley THE MEMOIRS OF JOHN A. BENKELMAN (Privately Published, 1966).
- [S642] FamilySearch.org, Michigan Births 1867-1902.
- [S1610] Jacobs, BonnieMargaret McDonald "The Family Benkelman" Unpublished Manuscript, 276 pages, October 1981 Version, (Copy owned by Barney Benkelman, Helena, Montana; which he xeroxed and sent to Melinda McLemore Strong in San Antonio, Texas), p. 134 (Reliability: 3).
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, Friday, September 1, 1933 Deaths of the Week Page Eight (Reliability: 3).
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982.
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, Friday, September 1, 1933 Deaths of the Week Page Eight "born...66 years ago" (Reliability: 3).
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982, location of marriage: Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan (Reliability: 3).