1893 - 1962 (68 years)
||Catherine "Kate" Schwegler [1, 2] |
||8 Jun 1893
||Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan [2, 3, 4]
||21 Apr 1962
||Marlette, Sanilac County, Michigan [1, 2, 5]
||24 Apr 1962
||Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan [2, 6]
- Cass City Chronicle
April 26, 1962
Final Services Held for Mrs. Klinkman
Final services were held Tuesday at the Decker Methodist Church for Mrs. Catherine Klinkman, 68, Lamotte township. Mrs. Klinkman died Saturday, April 21, at the Marlette Community Hospital after a brief illness.
Born Jun 8, 1833 (sic), in Cass City, she was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Andrew SCHWEGLER.
She married Orton Klinkman on March 11, 1914 in Caro. The couple moved to a farm southeast of Decker. Mr. Klinkman died October 12, 1961.
Surviving are three daughters, Mrs. Roy AGAR, and Mrs. Donald DALE, both of Marlette, and Mrs. Vyron BEUTLER, Pontiac, and two sons, Wilfred Klinkman, Smiths Creek, Michigan, and Charles Klinkman, Decker. Also surviving are 11 grandchildren.
Rev. Joseph Shaw, Decker Methodist Church, and Rev. Lester Nelson, Pilgrim Holiness Church, Kingston, officiated at the services. Interment was in Elkland Cemetery, Cass City.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Andreas "Andrew" Schwegler, b. 9 Jan 1849, Breech, Börtlingen Parish, Göppingen, Donaukreis, Württemberg, Germany , d. 25 Dec 1899, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan (Age 50 years) |
||Louisa Benkelman, b. 9 Apr 1853, Bowmansville, Town of Lancaster, Erie County, New York , d. 11 Sep 1924, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan (Age 71 years) |
||12 Apr 1874
||Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan [1, 7, 8, 9]
||Schwegler, Andrew and Louisia (Benkelman), and son Andrew Schwegler|
Andrew and Louisa's son, Samuel, predeceased them at age 11; his parents later sharing his marker
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Orton Thomas Klinkman, b. 10 Feb 1887, Lancaster, Erie County, New York , d. 12 Sep 1961, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan (Age 74 years) |
||11 Mar 1914
||Caro, Tuscola County, Michigan 
| ||1. Louise May Klinkman, b. 11 Aug 1915, Decker, Sanilac County, Michigan , d. 16 May 2000, Saginaw County, Michigan (Age 84 years)|
| ||2. Margaret M. Klinkman, b. 17 Feb 1917, Decker, Sanilac County, Michigan , d. 12 Sep 2008, Marlette, Sanilac County, Michigan (Age 91 years)|
| ||3. Living|
| ||4. Charles H. Klinkman, b. 23 Mar 1924, Decker, Sanilac County, Michigan , d. 7 Jun 1962, Decker, Sanilac County, Michigan (Age 38 years)|
| ||5. Living|
||Klinkman, Orton and his wife, Catherine (Schwegler)|
Ort and Kate celebration their 40th wedding anniversary in 1954. The couple was married in Caro, March 11, 1914, and lived in Cass City for three years, after which they moved to their farm residence near Decker, Michigan.
||Klinkman, Orton T and Catherine (Schwegler)|
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Benkelman, Adam and Anna Catherine (Schaufele) Descendants ca 1912 Family Reunion|
Back, Standing, l to r: Mae Benkelman, Kate Schwegler, John Benkelman Sr., Ester Ackerman Benkelman, Minnie Jesse Benkelman, Joe Benkelman, Augusta Krehl Benkelman, Dorus Benkelman, Will Schwegler, Ward Benkelman, Ben Schwegler, Sam Benkelman
Middle Row, kneeling, l to r: Alvin Benkelman, Harold Benkelman, Ruth Benkelman, Marie Benkelman (standing), Lena Benkelman Schwegler, Barbara Rommel Benkelman, Louisa Benkelman Schwegler
Bottom Row, seated, l to r: Bertha Benkelman, Glen Benkelman, Ida Benkelman, Lottie Benkelman, Ben Benkelman Sr. behind his nephew John Donald Benkelman, Lois Benkelman, Ben Benkelman Jr., Alice Ross Schwegler with her baby Edward William Schwegler, and ,facing left, Mary Striffler Benkelman (Mrs. Sam)
(Legend Courtesy of Bonnie-Margaret Benkelman Jacobs)
||Schwegler Siblings ca 1955|
Ben with his sisters, Laura Schwegler Klinkman (l) and Kate Schwegler Gregor (r)
||Schwegler, Benjamin Adam ca 1957 with sisters Laura and Kate|
l to r, Ben Schwegler, Laura Schwegler Klinkman, and Kate Gregor
The siblings after a visit to the Gregor's home in Ontario
||_Schwegler, Catherine "Kate"|
Wife of Orton Klinkman
B. 1893 d. 1962 Michigan
||Schwegler, Kate and Lena (Mark)|
Sister-in-laws, Kate Schwegler Klinkman and Lena Mark Schwegler
|At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.|
||Gregor and Schwegler Gathering, ca 1920's|
This snapshot was labeled by Lena Mark Schwegler as "Schwegler Folks at Laura Gregor's Farm near Puslinch, Ontario."
Maggie Bethel had the following comments about this snapshot: "Woman on the right - Louisa Benkelman Schwegler, 5th woman - Alice Ross Schwegler, 6th woman from right - Kate Schwegler Klinkman. I'm thinking a couple of the men are Will and Ben Schwegler -- either the two sitting in front or the man standing between them, but the shadows from the hats are such that I can't tell who is who. Will might be holding one of his sons? I don't see Lena in the picture and since Alice is there, it is a safe bet Will has the boy. The pose of the first man reminds of Fred Gregor -- but I suppose that is too much to assume."
PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU CAN HELP US POSITIVELY IDENTIFY ANY MORE INDIVIDUALS IN THIS PHOTO
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982.
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, April 26, 1962 (Reliability: 3).
- [S469] Williams, Dorothy Ball--Family Researcher (firstname.lastname@example.org) 3331 Southwest Villa Place, Palm City, FL 34990 ; based in part on BonnieMargaret Benkelman Jacob's unpublished typescript, THE FAMILY BENKELMAN.
- [S492] Peck, Edward Arthur THE TEN BENKELMANS WHO EMIGRATED TO AMERICA Ca. 1850s AND CERTAIN OF THEIR DESCENDANTS, 1982, He instead shows the year of birth as 1883 (Reliability: 3).
- [S595] Striffler-Benkelman Broadcast, (Family Publication, published sporadically to record family milestones in connection with the annual Striffler-Benkelman Family Reunions, with Vol. 1, Number 1, published Sept. 7, 1936. Issues on file at the Rawson Memorial Library in Cass City, Michigan include Vol. 5 (1941), Vol. 7 (1944) and Volumes 8 (1945) through Vol. 28 (1968). Issues published from 1961 through 1964 were not assigned volume numbers, and 1963 appears to be missing. Xeroxes of the existing issues were also made by Melinda McLemore Strong in 2007. According to a article published by the Cass City Chronicle on August 6, 1981, commemorating the Fiftieth and Final Striffler-Benkelman Reunion, the final issue of the STRIFFLER-BENKELMAN BROADCAST appears to have been Volume 28, published in 1968.), September 3, 1962 (Reliability: 3).
- [S722] Elkland (Twp, Tuscola Co, MI) Cemetery Records ; http://elkland.rawson.lib.mi.us/.
- [S577] Dibean, Jack & Marianne "Michigan Marriage Index" http://www.mifamilyhistory.org/dibeanindex/.
- [S653] Cass City Chronicle, P.O. Box 115, Cass City, Michigan 48726, Published continously since 1899, archived from 1899 through 2005 at http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/, Friday, September 19, 1924 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1610] Jacobs, BonnieMargaret McDonald "The Family Benkelman" Unpublished Manuscript, 276 pages, October 1981 Version, (Copy owned by Barney Benkelman, Helena, Montana; which he xeroxed and sent to Melinda McLemore Strong in San Antonio, Texas), p. 133 (Reliability: 3).