1847 - 1919 (71 years)
||Lynn Boyd Bush [1, 2, 3] |
||26 Jun 1847
||Kentucky [1, 2, 3]
||7 Feb 1919
||Cave Springs, Benton County, Arkansas 
||Cave Springs Cemetery, Cave Springs, Benton County, Arkansas
- Lynn Boyd (L.B.) Bush and family were living in Baylor County, Texas in 1900. By about 1912, L.B. and Mary lived in Cave Springs, Benton County, Arkansas where they operated the Hotel Bush, one of two hotels in Cave Springs at the time. The local phone office was located in the hotel and Mary was operator. L.B. was a member of the Christian Church/Church of Christ, and is buried in the Cave Springs Cemetery.
His obituary, from the Rogers Democrat of 13 Feb 1919 reads as follows:
Bush, L.B.-----L.B. Bush died at his home on Main Street. He had not been well for some time, having had two or three strokes of paralysis at different times, death being caused by same and occurin Friday at 5 pm. Interment was made in the city cemetery Saturday afternoon. Funeral services were held at the home by Rev. Sears. Mr. Bush was respected by all who knew him and will be greatly missed by every one and we all join in extending sympathy to his loved ones, Mrs. L.B. Bush and children: Mrs. Sam Adams, Rogers; Mrs. W.C. Stamper, Wizard Wells, Texas; W.B. Bush, McClain, Texas and Roy Bush of Cave Springs.
Lynn Boyd Bush was apparently named after a neighbor in Trigg County, Kentucky, Linn Boyd, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kentucky from 1835-1837 and from 1839-1855. He was U.S. Speaker of the House from 1851-1855.
Census Information (courtesty Lyn Gentry Cordell):
Texas, Baylor County
ED 6 Pg. 287A
BUSH, Lynn B., head, WM, Jun 1847, 52, KY KY VA
Mary E., wife, WF, Feb 1850, 50, TN KY VA
Roy M., son, WM, Feb 1878, 22, TX KY TN
Carrie E., dau., WF, Jan 1883, 17, TX KY TN
Mary, dau., WF, Jul 1885, 14, TX KY TN
New Mexico, Curry County
ED 53 Pg. 24B
Clovis ward 4
Bush, Murry L., head, MW, 33, M1, 10, TX KY MO
Cora, wife, FW, 27, M1, 10, 3/3 children, AR MS MS
Clara, dau., FW, 9, TX TX AR
Jewel, dau., FW, 6, OK TX AR
Lynn, son, MW, 2, NM TX AR
Lynn B., father, MW, 62, M1, 35, KY US US
Roy, brother, MW, 32, S, TX KY MO
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" Gentry, b. 20 Feb 1850, Tennessee , d. 6 Oct 1933, Comanche County, Oklahoma (Age 83 years) |
||25 Dec 1873
||Grayson County, Texas 
- Copy of Marriage License from Grayson County, TX Marriage Book C, page 230:
To any Judge of the District Court, Ordained Minister of the Gospel, or any Justice of the Peace in Grayson County---Greeting: You are hereby authorized to celebrate the Rites of Matrimony between L.B. Bush and Miss M.E. Gentry and make due return to the Clerk of the said County within sixty days thereafter, certifying your action under this license. WITNESS my official signature and seal of office at Sherman this 24h day of Dec 1873. S. Bostick Clerk of the District Court for Grayson County by B.W. Bradley, Depty
I, M.F. Cole, certify that on the 25th day of December 1873 I united in marriage the parties above named this 25th day of December 1873 M.F. Cole (Supplied by Lynell Cordell. She received this via email from Mark A. Eitzen, a descendant who has a copy of this marriage license)
| ||1. William Boyd Bush, b. 11 Dec 1874, Bells, Grayson County, Texas , d. 24 May 1938, Rogers, Benton County, Arkansas (Age 63 years)|
| ||2. Murray Lynn Bush, b. 30 Apr 1876, Texas , d. 24 Jul 1949, Potter County, Texas (Age 73 years)|
| ||3. Roy Mark Bush, b. 9 Feb 1878, Texas , d. Abt 1963, Cave Springs, Benton County, Arkansas (Age 84 years)|
| ||4. Carrie Elizabeth Bush, b. 13 Jan 1883, Texas , d. 16 Dec 1968, Arkansas (Age 85 years)|
| ||5. Marie Audrey Bush, b. 10 Jul 1885, Bells, Grayson County, Texas , d. 14 Jun 1975, Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma (Age 89 years)|
||15 Dec 2010 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Bush Hotel, Cave Springs Arkansas ca 1920's|
Around the time of the First World War, Lynn Boyd Bush and his wife Mollie lived in Cave Springs, Arkansas where they operated the Hotel Bush, one of only two hotels in the town at that time. Since the local phone office was also located in the hotel, Mary served as the town's telephone operator as well.
||_Bush, Lynn Boyd |
Wife of Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" Gentry
B. 1847 Kentucky D. 1919 Arkansas
||Bush, Lynn Boyd, probably around 1900|
Husband of Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" Gentry
B. 1847 Kentucky D. 1919 Arkansas
He and his wife ran the Bush Hotel in Cave Springs, Arkansas
- [S532] Cordell, Lynell Gentry-Family Researcher P.O. Box 1992 Duncan OK 73534-1992 Correspondence, Gedcom, Family Group Sheets, Email.
- [S98] 1860 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Eighth Census of the United States, 1860. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1860. M653, 1,438 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1860 United States Federal Census, the Eighth Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, age as of the census day, sex, color; birthplace, occupation of males over age fifteen, and more. No relationships were shown between members of a household. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1860 Federal Census.), Texas, Grayson County, P.O. Sherman Enumerated 21 Aug 1860 Page 104 748-769 (Reliability: 3).
- [S384] 1900 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004, (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Twelfth Census of the United States, 1900. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1900. T623, 1854 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1900 United States Federal Census, the Twelfth Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, address, relationship to the head of household, color or race, sex, month and year of birth, age at last birthday, marital status, number of years married, the total number of children born of the mother, the number of those children living, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, if the individual was foreign born, the year of immigration and the number of years in the United States, the citizenship status of foreign-born individuals over age twenty-one, occupation, and more. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1900 Federal Census.), Texas, Baylor County ED 6 Pg. 287A (Reliability: 3).